While I had heard much of the information before, I enjoyed listening to Jeremy's anecdotes and advice.
Some of his tips...
- Anyone who consumes large amounts of sugar--baked goods, soft drinks--probably has "sugar bugs" and needs a cleanse.
- Drink more water. To find out how many ounces you need each day, divide your weight by two. For example, a woman who weighs 120 pounds needs 60 ounces of water--between seven and eight glasses--a day.
- Experiment with different foods. The average person eats only eight different foods.
- Try the following mindful eating exercise. Put down your fork or spoon after each bite and chew the food completely.
- Journal. Jeremy recommends we ask ourselves the following questions while journaling: What do you want to eat? Why do you want to eat it? How does it make you feel an hour later?
- Try Tai Chi. The gentle movements help the body release energy.
Your Body's Many Cries for Water by F. Batmangheldj
Healthy at 100 by John Robbins
How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy by Paul Chek