Some interesting notes from last night's seminar at Grand River Library in Kitchener.
- One teaspoon of sugar can depress the immune system by 50% for 24 hours. Substitute natural sugars such as honey or stevia.
- If you eat baked goods on a regular basis, you will will be more susceptible to germs and bacteria.
- Eastern medicine recommends that we eat vegetables according to the seasons. In the summer, we should be eating leafy greens and raw vegetables. In the winter, we should switch to root vegetables.
- Treat adrenal fatigue with herbs, glandulars, and vitamins. Be aware that it may take anywhere for six months to two years to improve immune function.
- At the very minimum, take Vitamins C and D and zinc.
- To get rid of congestion, try the Warming Sock remedy. Dr. Reid swears by it. Soak a pair of cotton socks in cold water. Wring out all the water and put them on before you go to the bed. Cover them with a wool pair of socks. By the morning, the socks will be dry and your congestion will be gone.