Sunday, September 18, 2011

Visiting Eden Mills

The weather cooperated and I felt inspired by the readings at the Eden Mills Writers' Festival. I especially enjoyed listening to  the following Canadian authors:

While it wasn't the first time I heard Nino Ricci read, I still find him awe-inspiring. He read from the 20th anniversary edition of Lives of the Saints.

Sylvia Tyson is the consummate performer. She delivered a well-choreographed reading from her book, Joyner's Dream, interspersed with a few of her songs. Definitely a class act!

Johanna Skibsrud used this opportunity to launch her latest book, This Will be Difficult to Explain and Other Stories. While I didn't particularly like The Sentimentalists, I enjoyed listening to a short story from this collection. I will make a point of picking up her book.

Hal NIedzviecki was a pleasant surprise. The Toronto writer read a short story based on a road trip he had taken with his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment