Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dinner with Writers Ink

Last night, I joined four other members of Writers Ink for our monthly dinner meeting at Symposium Restaurant.

Dennis Fitter shared his experiences at the Backspace Agent-Author Seminar in New York City. I appreciate the handouts and information he passed on to us. I found the following advice from best-selling author, John Gilstrap very helpful:

I would say my success at getting an agent to ask for a partial manuscript was approximately 1000% better when I pitched my book in person than by query letter. I would strongly advise anyone looking for an agent to pitch them in person at a conference. Putting a face to a book gets the partial through much faster than if it's a query letter from someone the agent has never met.

I also enjoyed listening to Patricia Anderson talk about her misadventures in the Dominican Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment