Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dealing With BOSU

I had another session with my trainer this afternoon. In addition to weight resistance training, I am also spending time dealing with BOSU.

The name BOSU is an acronym which stands for "BOth Sides Up." The ball can be used with either the dome side or the platform side up.

Invented by David Weck in 1999, the BOSU ball consists of a rubber hemisphere attached to a rigid platform. It is often referred to as "blue half ball" because it looks like a stability ball cut in half.

I did not know BOSU existed until two months ago. At first, I was a bit apprehensive and did not enjoy balancing on either side. I am proud to admit that I can now balance on the dome side while doing squats or lifting 5 pound weights. As for the platform side...well I still need a few props or Rose's assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment