While I had heard some of the suggestions before, I found the following tips and statistics very interesting:
- Each year, there are 7.5 million unnecessary surgeries in North America.
- 75% of major illnesses such as cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer's are preventable if we make appropriate lifestyle changes.
- In addition to a good quality multivitamin and essential oils, Dr. Blainey recommends we take the following: Vitamins C and D3, Calcium/Magnesium, CoQ10, and Glucosamine.
- CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) helps with memory and stress. It can also delay the onset of Parkinson's Disease.
- Buy grain-fed or free-range chicken and turkey.
- If you do not get all your vegetable servings, consider using a juicer to make delicious juices. She recommended a combination of kale, banana and mango.
- Arthritis is not a function of age. It is due mainly to lack of maintenance. Like cars, our bodies need to be driven and have regular maintenance checks.
- One in two women and one in eight men will suffer an osteoporosis-related fracture in their lives.
- Be careful when taking anti-inflammatory medications. They can cause health problems with the gastro-intestinal system, liver and kidneys.