Monday, January 30, 2012

Impressed by Dave Farrow

Dave appeared on today's Dr. Oz show. This memory expert is known internationally for his ability to retain large stores of information. In 1996, he set a new Guiness record when he memorized the order of 52 decks of playing cards (2704 cards), randomly shuffled together and recalled them correctly.

A bit of his background...

In high school, he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. He was told that he would never excel academically and was advised to pursue a blue-collar job. Dave decided to prove the experts wrong. He started reading everything he could find on the topic of memory. He mastered all the known memory techniques and invented a few of his own.

On today's show, he talked about three super foods for memory...
  • Beets lower blood pressure and increase blood flow to the brain.
  • Cashew nuts and butter are a good source of thiamine, a B complex vitamin that boosts brain function.
  • Avocados are good sources of Vitamins E, K and folate. Dave likes to substitute crushed avocado for mayonnaise in his tuna sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. I use the millionare memory it improve my memory I used to forget keys my pens even forget to close the door after going out I am psych pateint dgnosed for schizoaffective disorder I know doing in-service training for civil engineering I can remember things I did in S1 2006 ago now I increase in comfidance

    ReplyDelete