Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creative Explorations Workshop

This evening, I attended a writing workshop facilitated by Nikki Everts-Hammond.. It was two hours long and very interactive. We had to write spontaneously, given a few leads from Nikki.

A few examples of the scenarios...
  • If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be? 
  • What item comes to mind when I say small? 
  • You are in a closet with the door closed behind you. Imagine that a time machine takes you to the present or past. Describe the experience.

It has been awhile since I have written spontaneously and it shows. I am at my writing best when I sit in front of the computer with a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate at my side.

I was impressed by many of the other aspiring writers who shared their work with the group. Read a few samples written by my friend, Patricia Anderson at Writers Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment