Holistic lifestyle coach, Jeremy Tracey, gave a very entertaining and informative presentation entitled Master Your Mindset for Success. He talked about goal setting, roadblocks and beliefs.
Some of his suggestions...
- Set goals when you are in a peak state.
- Put a positive spin on all goals. For example, state "I want to weight 125 pounds" not "I want to lose 20 pounds."
- Find someone to hold you accountable to your goals.
- Write a short paragraph that contains your goal statement. It should address the following questions: What do you want to accomplish? What actions are you prepared to take? What benefits will you notice? What benefits will other people notice?
- If you cannot get rid of the negative people in your life, avoid talking about your goals when you are around them. Arm yourself with other topics of conversation.
- An acronym for LUCK is Labour Under Correct Knowledge.
- Replace limiting beliefs with empowering beliefs.
- Squish the ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) in your life by stating their polar opposites.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I need to sit with it for awhile before I decide whether or not it is true.
Rising tides raise all ships.
The minute you start working on yourself you become very dangerous to other people.
It is better to leave a bad impression than no impression at all.
You can't become something you hate.
Appreciate what you want before you have it.
Negative beliefs keep you stuck in a rut.